Monday, June 8, 2009

THREE BIKES FOR SATAN

  Let me sincerely apologize to those of you who faithful visit my blogs only to see the same old post day after day. It's the fucking computer's fault. And when I say this I mean not only the machine, but the connection, blogspot, the phone company and any and all things attached. I've been trying to post for over two weeks, to no avail. My "cookies" were fucked up in some way. Do you know what cookies are? Good. Because I don't have a clue. Finally Samm fixed it. Seems she'd rather do that then make a post of her own. This is supposed to be a collaborative blog. When I hear that word I reach for my gun. I cajole, flatter and encourage my collaborator. But does she pony up? I don't think so. For years she has felt no shame in guilting me into regular blog postings. Whatthefuck?
   Anyway here's the update. Today Al Blanchard and I put up the rafters on the addition. You heard right. Since I've been gone, we've gotten up the addition. And I've lined up a well driller. I don't want to speak too soon, but the LGM willing, we will have a drilled well and plumbing soon. The pace has picked up. We've cut drainage ditches everywhere and so far so good. Samm has been coming up on the weekends doing layout and painting. Two weeks ago she saw the neighbor (yeah, that one) pushing a bike up the road. She leaned it against Satan's nose and disappeared back down the road. Then a little later she came back with another one, never saying a word. The next morning there were three.  I can only speculate that it is some sort of offering to the dark lord. Maybe at night he wraps his six legs around them, and pedals up and down the midnight ridges.  Yes, we still have some issues to resolve.   

1 comment: